Sunday, September 30, 2012

Free Tools and Resources for Entreprenuers

I recently published a blog post on a CRAVE Chat I attended titled "The Life of an Entrepreneur"  and at the end of the article, I posted a few resources of interest to those that have already or are thinking of making the leap to self employment. Well, since that time, I have learned about even more tools  from friends, colleagues (you know who you are.. thanks!) and just searching the web and wanted to share. So, for all you entrepreneurs out there on a shoe string budget, I'm going to let you in on some of my favorite resources, which can help you turn your small business into a successful enterprise taking you to the next level. 

"OK, well who the heck are you?!" Well, if you check out my About Me page you'll see just who I am. Because it's all About Me... and it can be About You too. Just sign up for free! Yes, that's my favorite word and you'll hear a lot of it in this blog (Free!)

Finally! The world knows all About You. But how do you pass on that info when networking? Why not put your new URL on a business card. "Well  I don't have money for business ca...." umm I told you - Free. Vistaprint (About Me also offers free business cards with your new account!)

Now..you have your About Me page up and running and your business cards look snazzy but you want more! And you want it for free! Yes, you need a full-blown website, not just to talk about YOU, but to show the world exactly what it is YOU DO, maybe even sell stuff online. There are a few options for free professional websites you can create and update yourself with no HTML coding experience (sorry website entrepreneurs) One of the most popular is Wix. And My site was created using Moonfruit.

Cool! The website is up and you didn't have to spend a dime on web design classes or buy an HTML for Dummies book. You have your business cards and are looking very professional but you still pack up your laptop and head to the local Starbucks to work, sometimes even inviting your clients to meet you there... not so professional. Well, what if I told you that you could work in an office, in mid-town Manhattan or a loft in SoHo... rent free! You'd probably think I was nuts but I tell you, it's possible and - you might even get free coffee! Loosecubes is the thing that saved me from working from home raiding the fridge every hour and taking breaks to watch the soaps! And, if you are the creative artsy type, try Wix Lounge. And for you event planners out there...you can book event space at Wix Lounge.. for free! 

So you've impressed your clients with your fancy digs  (clients? I don't have any clients - OK head over to eLance.com or Guru.com and start finding some)... as I was saying, you're ready to set up a conference call with all the team members to get the ball rolling but alas.. your iPhone is not equipped for multi-person conference calls. Sign up with Rondee - free conference calling service. 

Woah... things are starting to happen and fast! My new business is taking off and I want to make sure I'm doing all the right things to make it a success! Would love to take some business courses to learn stuff like "How to Write a Business Plan" or an "Introduction to Quickbooks" class but alas..money is kinda tight right now and the bills are piling up (you definitely need that Quickbooks class then!).. So how about some FREE courses for small businesses -  head over to NYC Business Solutions for free classes and seminars but hurry.. they are on a first-come-first-serve basis.

So there you have it, a few new tools to help keep even the brokest of the broke up and running until the money starts pouring in! There is so much info out there that this article will be continued in the future so stay tuned for Part II. In the meantime, follow me on Twitter (@urbangypsynyc) to receive invites for free parties and events in the big apple. 

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment