Wednesday, November 4, 2015

It's been a long time since I did a blog post but I think now is the time to really start this back up. I once again find myself in a major life transition. I thought I had left that behind when I moved from NY after near financial ruin, to a job waiting in Miami. Well, the job turned out to be a nightmare which I won't go into except to say, I was not getting paid so decided to leave in October 2015, also one year to the day as when I started.

At first, I was my normal upset self, but I noticed this time not as intense. I contribute that to regular yoga practice and meditation which is helping me discover that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond. I saw the signs coming for a while but was content in my life on South Beach Miami and didn't want to rock the boat. Then, a rude awakening one day when it slapped me in the face and I was forced to make a decision. So, once again... I left a job without having another job. What I have learned since the last time this happened to me is that I have to trust myself and my abilities. My true self/soul is always looking out and guiding me in the right direction and I should never forget this. As of this blog post, my life could go a few different ways:

  • Temp jobs like I am doing now, combined with income from Etsy and stay on Miami Beach (making a lot less money but I will at least still be near the ocean that I love so much)
  • I applied for a Port Shopping guide position onboard a cruise ship. This would be a dream job as I would be at sea 6 months and traveling, not having to have a permanent residence and pay rent (I would live on the boat). Gypsea dream come true.
  • I have always enjoyed helping those less fortunate and this time, I feel I'm ready to take that even further and volunteer in a foreign country. I have a meeting with a charity based in India and will know more after 11/15
  • Find a gig as a workaway... where I would get free room and board, hopefully taking care of animals in some capacity
  • NOT AN OPTION - but on the table I guess. Move back to Maryland *gag* 
So, my next update will be what the future held for me. Stay tuned for the next blog post which will have the outcome.

* Today's centering thought *
My true self can be trusted to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment